A classic lentil soup with a leek and coconut twist.
Soak the red lentils and peas in the vegetable stock on medium, add 1 clove crushed garlic and a single sliver of grated ginger and heat for 15 minutes.
After 10 minutes slice the leeks and onion, place in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, the curry powder and a clove of crushed garlic to sauté. Once golden brown add to the lentils along with the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes or until the peas are soft and tender.
Serve with pitta bread
100 g Red Lentils,
50 g Green Split Peas,
2 tbsps curry powder (can be homemade),
2 cloves garlic,
1 sliver ginger (grated),
3/4 libres vegetable stock.
- Ezogelin Style Lentil Soup with Couscous and Wild Rice (boatyardhouse.wordpress.com)
- Vegan African Lentil Soup (vegontherun.wordpress.com)
- Red Lentil Curry (theveggiegoth.wordpress.com)
- Yummy Red Lentil Soup (Except Not Quite Red) (fitsugar.com)
- Healthy Recipe: Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup (fitsugar.com)
- Middle Eastern Lentil Soup (hummusmama.wordpress.com)
- Turkish Bulgur and Red Lentil Soup (babyccinokids.com)
- Spicy Veggie and Lentil Stew (cucinaceri.wordpress.com)
- Learn to Love: Lentils (fitsugar.com)
- Easy healthy dinners : Half-hour homemade soup (kerrycooks.wordpress.com)