Once again it is Sunday night and my cupboards are bare so I have invented this nifty Ezogelin inspired Lentil Soup that uses couscous instead of bulgur grain.
Method: (serves 3)
Place the stock on high heat. Prepare the garlic and ginger and add the lentils, split peas, rice & couscous. Stir in the spices.
Turn the heat down, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked to taste.
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped,
1 tbsp paprika,
1 tbsp chilli flakes,
1/2 tbsp cumin,
sliver of ginger root,
Sprinkle black pepper,
1 1/2 litres stock (1 tbsp bouillon),
200 gr dried red lentils,
50 gr rice (optional: wild rice),
50 gr couscous,
Optional: 50 gr split peas.
- Yummy Red Lentil Soup (Except Not Quite Red) (fitsugar.com)
- Learn to Love: Lentils (fitsugar.com)
- TYOH Healthy Lentil Soup – or uh, “Soup” (eatthetofu.wordpress.com)
- Turkish Bulgur and Red Lentil Soup (babyccinokids.com)
- The Vegan Challenge: Days One and Two (ticklepea.wordpress.com)
- Summer Lentil Salad (thetalkingkitchen.com)